Welcome

Welcome to my 365 project. I am using NE Wisconsin barns for my theme. I hope to capture a new barn every day. I would like this to be a narrative of the plight of barns in Wisconsin. Many are falling into disrepair, or are being completely removed.

I have mirrored these images on my photography website http://robertelko.zenfolio.com/ . These images are larger, and higher in resolution. They are available for purchase.

If you are in the area, and would like to see the barns for yourself, click on the city name at the bottom of the photo. It will take you to google maps.

Thanks for stopping!!

Bob

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Starting. 1 of 365

Starting seems to be the hardest part of any project. This is my attempt. I have embarked on a journey that will take me down back roads that are traveled by tractors and pickups more than cars. This is the first day of my 365 project "NE Wisconsin Barns". I will be taking a photo a day to post here with the hopes to make it one full year. My first image was actually taken yesterday coming home from our program in Chilton. This barn is "on the corner" between Chilton and Sherwood. The barn really caught my eye because it was a skeleton. The owners said the barn is coming down because the floor is getting rotten. It is a shame that more of these historic barns can't remain standing for another hundred years.


Images in my 365 are available for purchase On My Website. Images taken the same day, but not selected for the 365 image will be posted Here .

No comments:

Post a Comment