Welcome

Welcome to my 365 project. I am using NE Wisconsin barns for my theme. I hope to capture a new barn every day. I would like this to be a narrative of the plight of barns in Wisconsin. Many are falling into disrepair, or are being completely removed.

I have mirrored these images on my photography website http://robertelko.zenfolio.com/ . These images are larger, and higher in resolution. They are available for purchase.

If you are in the area, and would like to see the barns for yourself, click on the city name at the bottom of the photo. It will take you to google maps.

Thanks for stopping!!

Bob

Saturday, July 9, 2011

22 of 365


Muttart Road

Dave and Beka's Barn. Here is the history of the building given to me by Beka:

The Granary is the second Lakeview School house. My great grandfather Edmond Muttart was on the school board and when the new school was built he purchased the building to use as a granary. However, with the expansion of the railroad more African Americans where moving into the Neenah area and there was a need for another school to meet the needs of the growing Neenah population.  Before the new "Dixie" school was built, all the students that would attend the new school, used the old Lakeview school house now located on Muttart Farm for the first year. The 3-bay garage was added some time later.

Beka

No comments:

Post a Comment