Welcome

Welcome to my 365 project. I am using NE Wisconsin barns for my theme. I hope to capture a new barn every day. I would like this to be a narrative of the plight of barns in Wisconsin. Many are falling into disrepair, or are being completely removed.

I have mirrored these images on my photography website http://robertelko.zenfolio.com/ . These images are larger, and higher in resolution. They are available for purchase.

If you are in the area, and would like to see the barns for yourself, click on the city name at the bottom of the photo. It will take you to google maps.

Thanks for stopping!!

Bob

Saturday, October 15, 2011

116 of 365


Hwy 45.

I don't usually post more than one picture for this project, but as I spent most of my day here, I thought I would. This is the silo of the Mulroy Barn. The farm has been in the family since 1864. Dave didn't know when the barn was built, but says it was re-modeled in 1952 (he was 2 years old). 

Here is the barn....


Now the reason I spent most of my day here was getting one hundred bales of hay for the new house, by myself.  I am not used to throwing bales, so I am very sore already and my arms are cut and swollen. Now Dave (who by my count is 60 or 61) said that he loaded up two hundred bales in the morning before I got there and a cord of wood. My hat is off to you, I only hope that I am in that good of shape when I reach that age. There was one more thing I wanted to share with you because it gave me a chuckle. I hope you can have a little laugh as well.....


And that is all I have to say about today!



2 comments:

  1. Hi There Bob, and welcome to The Creative Exchange!
    100 bales of hay, and you can still type??? Oh my goodness, that sounds like an amazing amount of work.

    I love the first photograph here. Perfect in black and white, and fantastic perspective.

    Thank you so much for sharing these at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day! And DO get some rest. I think you've earned it!! :-)

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are amazing shots!

    great angle,m too!

    have a nice day
    betty

    ReplyDelete